Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They Are Here!



Well, we brought home 12 chicks today! Unfortunately I am not sure who is who and what kinds they are, but I have taken pictures and I have a list of possibles. These are the breeds we might have: Dominiques, Gold Laced Wyandottes, Black Minocas, Araucana, Black Star, Red Star, Silver Laced Wyandottes, and one Lone Ranger - Yella Fella. There was just the one all yellow, fluffy faced chick that arrived with the others at the feed store. So I just had to bring her home. You can see pictures and read information about the different possible chickens we have at Murray McMurray Hatchery. It is not where my chickens come from but they have the best descriptions of each breed!

The chicks are currently in a large box with water, feed and a heat lamp. They are fascinating and it is easy to just sit next to them and watch them as they move from place to place, sleep for a bit then dash off to eat or drink.

No comments: